Terms and conditions
Eat Game is a subsidiary of the British Association for Shooting & Conservation (BASC). The below terms and conditions are therefore on outlined on behalf of and applicable jointly to BASC and Eat Game (also referred to as ‘the promoter’.
1. Nominations for the Eat Game Awards are open to anyone except for employees of the British Association for Shooting & Conservation (BASC) and their families. BASC employees and/or their families may nominate an individual or business for an award but may not be the recipient of an award.
2. All information detailing how to nominate and be nominated for an Eat Game Award forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that both the nominator and nominee agree to abide by these rules.
3. Submission or acceptance of a nomination will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. There is one nomination route for the awards: the nominations page on the Eat Game website. We regret that we are unable to accept postal nominations.
5. Those nominating an individual or business for an award must supply their own name and contact details (telephone number or email address) and those of the nominated person or organisation, as defined on the nomination form.
6. All nominations must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
7. Nominations are limited to one per person, per category.
8. Following the nomination period, nominees will be scrutinised and proceed through to a public vote to decide the finalists. Voting will close on 10 January 2024. The finalists in each category will then be assessed, with the winner decided by our panel of judges. The winner in each category will be announced at the Eat Game Awards gala dinner in March 2024.
9. All those nominated for an Eat Game Award, who agree to proceed in the voting and judging process, consent for the publication of their name/business name, website, social media handles, brand marks – such as logos – to be published by both BASC and Eat Game on any associated promotional material connected to the awards, free of charge.
10. The winner in each category will receive £1,000 in addition to their award. All prizes are non-transferable.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the awards impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter. Accordingly, the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
12. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.