Roast spatchcock partridge, n’duja, lemon and herb crumbs
A perfect way to enjoy early season partridge.
- 2 partridge, spatchcocked
- 250 grams n'duja
- salt and pepper
- 4 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
- grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped marjoram
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to180°CRub the partridges with 2/3 of the N’duja and place them onto a greased roasting tray. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Tuck the garlic slices under the partridge, place in the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste with the roasting juices. Rest the birds in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small frying pan, heat the remaining N’duja and when melted add the breadcrumbs, cooking until the crumbs turn golden in colour and have dried out. Stir in the lemon rind.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the herbs with the olive oil, sherry vinegar and some salt.
- To serve, put the partridge on a plate, sprinkle over the N’duja crumb, drizzle with the herb oil and serve with some lemon wedges. Great with a green salad.
Recipe supplied by Rachel Greenhttp://www.rachel-green.co.uk/