Air fryer roast pheasant with hasselback potatoes and roasted vegetables
An easy to cook dinner, all done in an air fryer, by chef Rachel Green.
- Air fryer
- 1 Whole large pheasant
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- A few sprigs Fresh thyme
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 12 New potatoes
- 12 Small, thin carrots scrubbed
- 4 Small parsnips scrubbed
- Olive Oil
- Take the pheasant out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking to allow the meat to warm up slightly and relax.
- Rub a little oil over the bird, ensuring it is completely covered, then season with salt and pepper.
- Put most of the thyme, garlic, and the lemon half inside the cavity. Preheat the air fryer to 190°C.
- Slice the potatoes thinly widthways, placing them on a wooden spoon (this will stop you from cutting through the potato), coat with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put the pheasant breast side down in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bird over, add the potatoes and the root vegetables, and sprinkle with the remaining thyme. Cook for a further 30minutes or until thoroughly cooked. If the pheasant begins to brown too much, turn the air fryer down to 170°C.
- Once ready, remove the pheasant from the air fryer and leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes and vegetables for further 10 minutes for a crispier texture. Remove from the air fryer and keep warm.
- Serve the roast pheasant, potatoes and vegetables with the roasting juices or gravy.