Pheasant Burritos with Avocado Salsa
This is so good! Burritos made with pheasant, avocado, salsa what more do you want. Recipe by Rachel Green.
- 4 skinless pheasant breast cut into strips
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh coriander chopped
- 400 grams drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 lime
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 spring onions
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 100 grams grated mature cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- tomato Salsa
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat . Put the pheasant into a bowl, sprinkle over the paprika, cumin and a good slug of oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix well until the meat is evenly coated, then place the pheasant onto the hot griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway. When charred and cooked through, remove from the heat and leave to cool
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the beans. Fry for 2 minutes. Roughly chop the coriander and add half to the pan. Season, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Chop and trim the tomatoes and finely slice spring onions and avocado. Add in the lime juice and the remaining chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and season to taste.
- Now, shred the lettuce and the cooled pheasant breasts. Put a tortilla onto the griddle for 1 minute to soften then place onto a board. Spoon some beans in the middle, top with a generous helping of salsa, a handful of lettuce and some of the pheasant breasts. Sprinkle with grated cheese and add a spoon of sour cream or Greek yogurt. Wrap up the burrito and enjoy