Mini Venison & Chorizo Burgers
A delicious canape or snack, easy to make and serve. This recipe makes 8 small burgers.
- 8 mini burger buns
- 300 grams venison mince
- 100 grams minced pork
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 mini cooking chorizos
- 8 baby gem leaves
- onion chutney to serve
- good quality mayonnaise to serve
- salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil
- cocktail sticks
- In a large bowl mix together both minces with the onion, parsley, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Season generously with black pepper and shape into 8 equally sized balls. If the mix is loose then the addition of 1 egg can help to bind but generally unrequired with good quality venison mince.
- Flatten the balls into burger patties and place them spaced out on a tray in the fridge, cover with cling film and leave for up to 48 hours before cooking.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ to a medium high temperature when ready to cook. Cut the chorizo in half-length ways removing the skin so you have 8 pieces. Break the lettuce into 8 small leaves ready for the burger. Lightly oil the burgers and season with a pinch of salt on both sides.
- Carefully place the burgers in the pan and cook for 3 minutes on the first side. Carefully turn the burgers and add the chorizo to the pan for another 3 minutes cooking together. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the burgers and chorizo to rest as you prepare the buns.
- Slice the buns in half, spread mayonnaise the bottom half of the bun, followed by a gem lettuce leave each and then place in the burger and bun top. Pick up a piece of chorizo with a cocktail stick and skewer through the burger- holding everything in place and topping the burger with a grilled chorizo piece.