Bibimbap is one of the best known Korean dishes, and translates to mixed cooked rice.Traditionally it is a rice bowl, with a range of seasoned sautéed vegetables and usually marinated beef.Rachel Green has added her own twist on this dish, using venison loin, which combines perfectly with the spicy Sriracha sauce..
- 150 g Venison loin trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 100 g Basmati rice rinsed
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 150 g Tender stem broccoli
- 50 g Mangetout
- 1 Carrot peeled and ribboned
- 3 Spring onions shredded
- Vegetable oil
For the seasoning sauce
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang paste
- 2 Tsp White miso
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Garlic cloves grated
- 1 Tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Sriracha sauce
- Toasted black and white sesame seeds
- Red chilies chopped
- Place the venison in a bowl, add the soy sauce and leave to marinate.
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with 200ml of water and season with a little salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 8 minutes until most of the water has evaporated (if the rice starts to stick to the bottom, add a little more water).
- Remove from the heat, stir in a teaspoon of the sesame oil, cover again and leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the seasoning sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Trim the broccoli, trim and slice the mangetout on an angle, then blanch both vegetables and leave aside.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Shake any excess soy sauce off the venison and fry for 5-6 minutes until cooked rare and well browned.
- Place on a board and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Add a little more vegetable oil to the frying pan and stir fry the broccoli and mangetout along with a tablespoon of the seasoning sauce for about 45 seconds.
- Remove and keep warm on a plate while you stir fry the carrot ribbons for 30 seconds.
- Remove the carrot from the pan and fry the eggs until the whites turn crispy.
- Slice the venison and place on top of a generous serving of the cooked rice with the stir-fried vegetables, shredded spring onion and carrot ribbons.
- Drizzle with the seasoning sauce and place the fried eggs on top, with the Sriracha sauce, toasted sesame seeds and red chilies.
- Serve with any remaining seasoning sauce and a little chili oil.