Hare and halloumi skewers
A quick and easy lunch or BBQ dish- a delicious combination of hare loins and halloumi
- 2 hare loins
- 200 grams halloumi
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- juice of 1 orange
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-soak the skewers if wooden so they do not burn. Take the hare loins and cut in cubes approximately 2cm in diameter, then do the same with the halloumi. Cut the smoked bacon into thick strips approximately 2cm wide.
- Place the hare loins, halloumi and folded bacon strips alternately on the skewers.
- Season the skewered meat and cheese with salt and pepper. Pour over the orange juice turning the skewers as you drizzle to ensure all the skewer is covered.
- Cook on a hot griddle or grill for 5 minutes turning half way through. Serve with a green salad and a wedge of orange.
Check out some other great BBQ ideas for summer like our venison steaks https://eatgame.co.uk/tamarind-venison-steak-with-miso-parsnips/