Easy recipe for venison sausage rolls and sauce to accompany. Venison mince is readily available and can be substituted into so many dishes- its healthy and lean, make sure you buy British Wild venison for the best results.
- 500 grams sausage meat
- 500 grams venison mince
- 375 grams puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tbs ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 grams sultanas
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml brown sauce
- For the sultana brown saucePlace the sultanas in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Leave to cool completely after boiling, then place the sultanas and the liquid in a food processor, add in the brown sauce and blend. You can keep it chunky and thick or blend it smooth.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Add the sausage meat to the venison mince and mix well using your hands. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, add in the parsley.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut in half lengthways. Place the meat mixture down the middle of the pastry and coat the edges with the beaten egg, then roll the pastry up and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Egg wash the top and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 4 minutes before cutting into desired sizes. Serve with sultana brown sauce.